“The purpose of government is to enable the people of a nation to live in safety and happiness. Government exists for the interests of the governed, not for the governors.”
I don’t know about your case, but the government that is running my country is more of a nuisance rather than a service provider.
Obviously, the purpose of any government is determined by those who created it. If it is created by the people then it should be for the people. But if it is created for the people then it may be serving only the purpose of those who actually created it – the elite.
The elite assume to be all-knowing when it comes to what’s best for the people. This is the root cause of the problems, few of which are the following:
- Privatized. Offering perks to entice foreign investments, e.g. tax breaks,; instituting austerity measures to be able to service foreign loans.
- Deadly. Government agencies are approving the use of chemicals that kills people but profits Corporations. Government health centers are administering deadly vaccines in the guise of immunizations. It would be too late to find out when epidemics are really caused by those immunization efforts.
- Tyrannical. With police and armed personnel at its disposal, government can be used for silencing whistleblowers, pacifying dissent, oppression of the weak, and exploitation from the powerful, which is the only way it can preserve itself.
- Unhealthy. Government agents were said to be arresting people who are living off-grids, gone organic, or using unconventional methods in generating food and power.
- Divisive. Governments declare war and promote division among different races around the world. This is in fact the real objective of the whole exercise, because the real intent of setting up governments is to put everyone in line in two or more opposing directions, to divide and conquer us all.
- Inefficient. Resolution of dispute takes time. Beneficial project implementation takes time. Basic public services are rendered with an actual budget that is less than the approved allocation.
- Costly. Each employee and so-called public servants, elected or appointed, require huge annual budget.
- Unreliable. Inconsistent and conflicting policies. Policies and public services are designed based on the dictates of greed, pride, emotion, self-preservation, etc.
- Unqualified personnel. Gangsterism and nepotism seems to be the rule rather than the exception. Political accommodations bypass all good intents in providing quality public services.
- False assumptions. Most people assume that their government is serving them by default because they are paying taxes. They still cling to that old idea that they own the government and those that are working in it must be public servants, when in reality, these public servants are there only to serve as an effective shield between all of us and the real power behind all governments.
Read more via When Governments are Obsolete.